- Nickname(s): Ryzhik
- Astrological sign? Capricorn
- Favorite food(s): chocolate, coconut, avocado
- Favorite vacation spot(s): somewhere in the middle of nowhere with a lot of trees and water
- Why yoga? It teaches me so many things: how to be present, how to surrender, be strong, how to open my heart. It strips the layers of my ego, it makes me real and vulnerable.
- What brings you back to your mat? The feeling of being alive during the practice and the feeling of bliss after.
- What are you most grateful for? I am grateful for my daughter, my family, my teachers, all connections and experiences that brought me to this moment.
- What makes you tick/light up? Nature, children, poetry, good music
- What are your guilty pleasures? Chocolate, beer
- Share something about yourself that others would be surprised to know? I've been so many things in my life: a dancer in the nightclub, a tax inspector, CFO, almost became a Buddhist nun once.. I guess I'm still trying to find the middle way.
- If you had one wish for the Just Be Yoga community what would it be? To be like a big family, support each other, to love, grow and thrive!
Tatiana Ryzhova instructs the following:
Dynamic flow-based yoga. Recommended for those having a familiarity with Sun Salutations A and Sun Salutations B. Vinyasa flow is a rigorous, athletic yoga practice stemming from the ashtanga tradition. Poses are held for shorter periods of time and will link one breath with motion, creating a dynamic and fluid ‘meditation in motion.’ Expect all vinyasa classes to include sun salutations, pranayama (breath control), flow sequences, focused core work, standing balances, backbends, and hip-openers; intensity of poses will vary depending on class level and instructor. 60 minute class
Room heated to 85-88 degrees.